The Therapy Support Specialist role is for a highly-trained specialist dedicated to optimizing Inspire Upper Airway Stimulation (UAS) therapy outcomes once the system has been implanted. This position provides expertise and leadership in the areas of clinical sleep medicine, specifically polysomnography, PAP therapy and patient care management. The person is responsible for performing tasks that will ensure the success of Inspire therapy. Through empirical learning and customer interactions, this position will aid research and development of Inspire UAS therapy.
- Assist with customer training for new Inspire UAS commercial & clinical sites
- Train new customers to use the Inspire Programmer and the Inspire UAS titration algorithm
- Train new customers how to perform Inspire UAS device programming
- Assist with future development and improvements to the UAS titration algorithm
- Develop and research new methods to improve training materials to ensure adequate and efficient training of new commercial and clinical sites
- Provide on-site support for nighttime Inspire UAS titration sleep studies, attend troubleshooting appointments and attend awake endoscopy and/or Drug-Induced Sleep Endoscopy (DISE) appointments when needed for advanced programming support
- Provide remote support, via internet or phone, for Inspire UAS titration sleep studies and other appointments
- Assist in answering calls from allied healthcare professionals and patients as part of an “on-call” therapy support team
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure timely reporting of potential adverse events and product/therapy issues including corrective and/or preventive actions
- Develop long term relationships with customers to provide high quality and reliable therapy support services
- Work a changing weekly schedule, dependent upon upcoming sleep studies, weekly customer support needs, etc
Preferred Education/Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) field
- Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) certification, Registered Sleep Technologist (RST) certification, or clinical sleep educator certification
Inspire Medical Systems provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social and recreational programs. Inspire Medical Systems complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which Inspire Medical Systems has facilities. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.
Inspire Medical Systems is an equal opportunity employer with recruitment efforts focused on ensuring a diverse workforce. Applicants with a disability that are in need of accommodations to complete the Inspire Medical Systems application process should contact Human Resources at 763-235-6742 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minimum 5 years in the field of sleep medicine, having worked a majority of the time in a sleep clinic, sleep laboratory or durable medical equipment (DME) company
- Minimum 2 years in a sleep laboratory as either a sleep technologist or an allied healthcare professional, with the primary responsibility of sleep apnea care and management
- At least 1 year of experience manually scoring or interpreting sleep studies