This position will provide technical expertise and bench top testing in support of product development of medical device solutions for treating obstructive sleep apnea. The engineering technician will perform product testing / analysis and work with engineers from multiple disciplines.
Position will spend a large majority of time in the engineering lab supporting the product development team.
- Support technology transfer, debugging, product testing and supplier management
- Perform characterization testing utilizing oscilloscopes, power supplies, DMM, etc.
- Automate testing thru entry level software coding (Python, LabView, C++)
- Develop new and modify existing product test specifications and test system documentation
- Work with external vendors in the design of new products or supporting existing manufacturing lines and test equipment
- Support post market (commercial) product and/or therapy related investigations as well as returned product analysis activities
- Document product and therapy related field reports within the prescribed timelines and provide any necessary documents required to complete the investigation. Provide follow-up reporting as needed.
- Complete training requirements and competency confirmations as required for this position within the required timeline.
- Comply with applicable quality system procedures/policies and make suggestions for continuous process improvement.
- 2 year associates degree in technical field
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in medical device product development and/or testing