The Key Opinion Leader (KOL) & Customer Programs Manager will lead the development and implementation of strategic health care provider (HCP) thought leadership initiatives to support Inspire’s commercialization strategy. This key role will work to identify and engage KOLs in local and national programs to increase recognition of Inspire as a standard of care for qualified patients. This role will have the responsibility of building and maintaining KOL relationships, running Inspire “Innovation Center” physician programs and will report to the Senior Director of Product & Therapy Marketing.
- Develop, maintain and grow relationships with key customers and KOLs
- Identify influential members of the sleep medicine and ENT medical communities and raise awareness of Inspire through communication & education programs.
- Identify physicians passionate about Inspire with an interest in sharing their experience with others and support the leadership development of these physicians and design opportunities to expand their reach.
- Build resources, such as presentation tools, and teach KOLs how to communicate to their peers about Inspire in a way that is compelling and easy to act on to help patients.
- Develop a forum for physicians to speak with each other about experience with Inspire and share best practices and lessons learned.
- Coordinate with other functions (R&D, clinical, sales, etc.) and develop a process to keep Inspire communication with KOLs organized.
- Provide resources to the Inspire sales team to work with KOLs to support local programs raising awareness and sharing best practice.
- Manage and optimize use of the Inspire “Innovation Center” at Inspire HQ to provide implanting and sleep medicine customers with access to Inspire leadership.
- Create a world class visitor center at Inspire HQ that offers an opportunity to learn from experts and interact with peers.
- Document product and therapy related field reports within the prescribed timelines and provide any necessary documents required to complete the investigation. Provide follow-up reporting as needed.
- Complete training requirements and competency confirmations as required for this position within the required timeline.
- Comply with applicable quality system procedures/policies and make suggestions for continuous process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or engineering required.
- Master’s degree in business preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years in medical device sales and marketing
- Medical KOL program and communications experience
- Minimum of 3 years as a senior product manager or marketing manager in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Experience with new medical technologies is preferred
- Ability to travel frequently, including weekends