The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for performing accounting transactions accurately through timely processing of transactions, preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, research requiring the application of accountinSpg principles and practices. Ensures compliance with Company policy and SOX guidelines. Works under general supervision on basic to moderately difficult accounting activities.
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable functions
- Reconcile and process all expense reports
- Responsible for providing accurate and timely journal entries including monthly accruals, prepaid expenses, balance sheet reconciliation, P&L inquires research
- Research and resolve discrepancies and issues
- Provides employee training and support on Concur
- Responsible for annual IRS 1099 Misc. reporting
- Understands and applies generally accepted accounting principles
- Responsible for all CMS – Open Payments reporting
- Responsible for Clinical Study Reimbursement Processing
- Collaborates with the clinical staff to support overall department goals and objectives
- Supports clinical staff by reducing involvement in clinical site payment processing and auditing all contract payment details
- Collaborates with the operations department to ensure data integrity and strong internal controls
- Creates procedures and document workflow in accordance with audit standards and Sarbanes Oxley
- Provides documents and responses to external and internal audit requests
- Participates testing for new system implementation and existing system upgrade
- Special projects
- Associates Degree in Business or Accounting
- BA/BS in Business, Finance or with an emphasis in Accounting
- Technical skills and prior experience include three to five years’ prior experience in the accounts payable/general ledger area.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with Concur, Appzen, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central or other ERP system a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.