At Inspire, we are seeking a hardworking, organized individual to fill our Payroll Administrator position. The selected candidate will oversee and control the ADP Workforce Now, multi-state payroll and the international multi-country payroll and accounting function. Ensures compliance with Company policy, SOX guidelines and all federal, state, and foreign payroll tax reporting requirements. Ensures the payroll processing schedules are met. Implements, modifies, tests and administers business system applications. Safeguards the security of all payroll related data and records.
- Process semi-monthly payrolls in the U.S. and monthly payrolls internationally
- Manage and implement international payrolls supporting world-wide expansion
- Leads and plans work processes and procedures for Payroll to ensure accurate, timely and efficient processing and payment of multi-state payroll and related deposits under Company benefit plans (e.g., ESPP, RSP, 401K, United fund). Ensures compliance with Company policies, along with federal and state regulations.
- Address employee payroll inquiries, self-service and time and attendance
- Confirming integrations or file imports for all personnel transactions such as new hires, terminations, leave of absence, benefit deductions, withholding tax, garnishments, stock transactions, one-time payments, etc. are accurate.
- Calculation and printing of manual checks, as applicable
- Document workflow and work procedures for SOX Compliance
- Create journal entries as part of month and quarter end close process
- Process taxable stock transactions
- Reconcile commission calculations, draws, guarantees and accruals
- Work closely with the Sales Operations department to reconcile commission calculations
- Provide documents and responses to external and internal audit requests
- Reconcile all general ledger payroll accounts, including accrued, payroll, tax, commission and bonus
- BA/BS in Business, Finance or with an emphasis in Accounting
- Previous experience processing payroll using an enterprise payroll software, ADP Work Force Now preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of payroll experience.
- Knowledge of state and federal wage and tax laws and overtime requirements
- Payroll related benefits administration, including 401k contributions and benefit deductions
- Proven customer service skills while maintaining a confidential work environment
- A committed team player, detail oriented and an effective communicator
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Experience working in high-growth, public companies
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal rules and laws
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central or other automated accounting system a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.