Inspire Medical Systems, Inc. has developed the only FDA-approved neurostimulation technology that transforms the lives of people with moderate to severe sleep apnea. We are a ground-breaking, fast-growing company where the patient’s outcome is first and foremost our top priority. If you want to be part of a purpose-driven company and directly help to transform lives, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The Senior Test Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing cost-effective methods of testing Inspire products including implantable device, external device, and cloud systems. This position may include a variety of sustaining engineering and new product development opportunities.
- Lead the development of device and software test systems for products
- Collaborate closely with product team members to develop test equipment and methods to expedite the delivery of new products
- Develop product test specifications and procedures
- Manage vendors developing tests and test equipment
- Design, build, and manage cloud-based production test control systems.
- Design, define, update, implement, and test protocols by using current engineering test methods and technologies
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts
- Create test plans for software products based on functional specifications
- Generate documentation for supporting verification and validation activities including test methods and test reports
- Continuously evaluate and improve processes by collaborating with cross-functional groups
- Collaborate with manufacturing and operations to support IQ/OQ/PQ of new test system
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering
- 8+ years of relevant experience required
- Strong automation/manual testing experience
- Experience utilizing cloud computing and web technologies in support of medical products
- Experience managing/leading programs that are compliant with standards for good laboratory practices (GLP), good manufacturing practices (GMP) and good clinical practices (GCP)
- Experience establishing/building relationships with internal resources, contract resources, and large vendors
- Excellent analytical skills